Thursday, November 5, 2015

Wednesday, October 5

Jenny and Dan seated are volunteers who work in the office doing promotions, Justo is one of my students. In the very background, in the yellow, that’s me trying to concentrate on teaching English, while all of that commotion is going on behind me. Lorine & I had lunch at the lake because there was no school on Dia de los Muertos. We asked the waitress to take our photo. She'd better hang onto her waitress job because those are just our toes. But the tablecloth looks nice and red. Nancy Bergman and her hotel, Casa San Francisco, host an annual Dia de los Muertos cocktail party with a display of candles and decorative skulls and flowers and the like. With her sister, she owns the hotel as well as many other properties. I once rented Casa Cairo from her. So, in one day…lunch w/ Lorine, cocktail party. Social life, huh? No one comes close to my US friends. It’s always interesting to get Lorine’s take on things because she’s Bahai and vegetarian and from Montana and owns horses and is everything I’m not. At the tail end of the volunteer meeting on Tuesday, Jenny (the volunteer in the above photo) suggested to all that in the future there should be a shout out to members of your teaching team or volunteer group or whatever so people would be acknowledged. Everyone nodded. Surprisingly, she picked me for the first shout out. I proudly thought she was going to commend my dedication or my teaching methods. Instead, she told everyone that, upon her arrival, I had emailed her my list of lodging possibilities in Granada and then I followed it up with a list of restaurants. She had no idea that that’s just what I do: make lists. Big deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home