Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday, October 26

This is an ad a young lady placed in the local bulletin put out weekly by an ex-pat. Notice her educational background and notice her salary requirements. Qualified Person Looking Work in Dental/Medical Field Currently I am working in a customer service company but would like to work in the dental/medical field. I could be a great value to an NGO needing my services or a regular medical practice. Thank you for considering me. Regards Dr. Alcira Castrillo DDS Resume follows: Alcira Esmeralda Castrillo Hernández Personal Summary A confident communicator who can relate well with dental and medical patients. Capable to work as part of a medical and dental team, and has a flexible approach to work. I have extensive knowledge of dental procedure, hygiene product, devices and solutions. Extensive knowledge of clinical procedures and medical and dental terminology. Endodontic, Cosmetic Dentistry and Prosthodontics are my high field of performance. Personal information House address Km 17 Carretera a Masaya Contact Number (505) 86190460 (Claro) Identification Number 888-230391-0001U E-mail. alci_cah@hotmail.com Work Experience Sitel Nicaragua S.A March 2015 - Present • Customer Service Representative   Skills • Bilingual English and Spanish • Can work under pressure • Well organized • Easy learner • Can work in groups • Great listener • Well-presented and articulate • Skilled in root canal • Soft tissue management • Hygienic expertise • Able to write prescriptions for antibiotics and other dental medication. Technical Packages • Windows XP, Vista, Seven, Windows 8 • Microsoft Office 2010-2013 Education Elementary Skyway Elementary School (Miami, fl, USA) 1996-01 Middle School Lakes Stevens Middle School (Miami, fl, USA) 2001-02 High School Colegio Cristo Rey (Santo Tomas, Chontales, Nic) 2003-08 College Universidad Católica Redemptoris Mater (Managua, Nic) Facultad de Odontología 2009-2014 Personal Reference Dr. Arlettys Vega Cabrera 8146-7643 Semiology Dr. Carlos Ayerdis Zamora 8855-3840 Cruz Azul Managua Urologist Dr. Ofelia Cabrera Astacio 8883-7706 Cruz Azul Managua 8883-7706 Msc. Pdh. Pediatric Dentistry Salary Requirements My current salary is $600 monthly so something around that amount would be satisfactory. $600 month!!!! And she’s bi-lingual. Wages here are ridiculous. And people can’t even get jobs to earn the ridiculous wages. Daniel and I had a tiff because he’s been working for the circus without payment. They were supposed to do a benefit for the poorest barrios and the city was supposed to give them some recompense. They did the benefit and the city didn’t come through. Now they can’t pay their payroll. I told Daniel to quit last week if he didn’t receive his salary but he’s been sucked in, and thinks if he continues to work, they’ll come through. What’s going to happen is that they’re going to pull up stakes in the night and leave, owing him a couple of weeks’ payment. He’s so happy to have a job, it doesn’t occur to him that if he’ll work for free, there are any number of jobs available. Meanwhile, none of this is putting food on the table for his children. The sun comes up every day at 5:30 a.m. The sun goes down every day at 5:30 p.m. Doesn’t matter what season. Every day. Sundown at 5:30 is depressing. I miss the long Los Angeles summer days. I had two totally indolent days. No Spanish lesson because my teacher’s mom died a few days ago. No English lesson because Daniel’s nephew had to work. Only my bi-weekly 2-hour manicure and pedicure which taxes my Spanish to the limit, making small talk with Luz Marie while she scrapes away the Granada dirt from my paws. Otherwise, I tried to listen to a 2-hour tutorial on Book Publishing by the most boring man. I fell asleep in the chair, I fell asleep in the hammock, I fell asleep on the couch. finally I gave up and took my weekend nap on the bed. I never ever ever nap in Los Angeles because there’s always an errand to be done or a closet to be cleaned. Here, there’s nothing at all to do except study more Spanish, and there’s just so much I can try to stuff into my poor memory on a daily basis. So I read and swim and sleep and cook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home