Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wednesday, October 21

Daniel went to his police appointment regarding the accident with the motorcyclist and they slapped him in jail. His contrite face didn’t work; they wanted $. Daniel owes $400 to the injured party. The circus agreed to pay the rest. I coughed up Daniel’s portion to spring him. The only alternative is for Daniel to continue to drive for the circus to earn the $, but they’re moving on to Leon which is too far for him to commute. I didn’t come all this way for him to follow Clarabell through Latin America. In this country, money makes everything go away. We think we have corruption problems! I’ve been having trouble sleeping so I took a sleeping pill and went to bed. I’ve been sleeping for two days. I slept through all my classes yesterday and slept through one today. Which is difficult when you’re teaching one to one. It’s not like they don’t notice when I nod off. All I want to do is sleep. Except between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Yessi, my student who attends university on the weekend, is taking an English Lit course for which she has to deliver a speech. Containing the words Renaissance and Neoclassicism. Those words are difficult for ME. And , unless she wrote it down wrong, her professor gave the class an incorrect pronunciation for Renaissance. I want to revamp their entire English program. The turtle was swimming alongside me this morning. I slid the boogie board under it and dry-docked it. Its breaststroke was faster than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home