Monday, October 19, 2015

Circus folk dunking in my pool. Renato is the head clown. Which is a step up from class clown. His wife is a contortionist. The oldest kid is theirs. The others are assorted cousins. Interesting to know that in Latin America, they register at whatever local school is handy. I can’t imagine American schools allowing that. So the kids get some sort of half-assed education. The circus has been stalling on Daniel’s salary because the audiences aren’t showing up and they’re in the hole. It rains every day and people don’t particularly want to stand in line in the torrents. Daniel has the inside word that, when the circus continues on to the next city, one of the guys in the motorcycle act is going to split. His daughter is a contortionist and his wife is an aerialist, so the circus will be losing 3 performers due to non-payment of wages. There are ants in my vitamins! Part of their quest, I suppose, to become super bugs. The handyman sprayed all the cupboards today and the clothesline. I’ve been wearing the clothesline ants and they don’t even match my T-shirts. Daniel had an appt.this morning w/ the police in Managua regarding the motorcycle accident. He was very nervous because he was showing up, as he said, “sin dinero, solo mi cara.” Without money, just with his face. I haven’t heard from him all day and his voice mail says the phone is “fuera de servicio.” Out of service. We’re supposed to go to the market this evening at long last. I’ve eaten all the crumbs of the crumbs of the crumbs. My cupboard is bare, except for ants and, although, I’m sure I’ve eaten many of them, they look less than appetizing. Last night we ordered pizza and I devoured the leftover for lunch. I think there’s a save-me packet of popcorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home